Inspiration - mixing modern with antique

4:55 PM

I have been in love with antiques ever since I can remember. My family had a small business running an antiques shop and I spent some time in there helping out over the summers. I just love the history and feel some of these gorgeous things have underneath the surface.
I am always daydreaming about mixing some of these beauties with a more modern style in my dream house. They just don't make art and furniture like that anymore nowadays. We cherish them and repair them, to make them look like new again. Somehow I doubt anyone will do that to some of the modern pieces we have as new today, one hundred or two years from now. They will probably just sit back and say: "what were they thinking?!"

source: Lonny.com
I love the idea of using these antique large pieces as bar furniture. Or even why not? bathroom pieces to hold towels and various necessary bathroom things. Not so sure they would appreciate the moisture in a bathroom though, in the long run.

source: Nuevo Estilo


 Why not use an old crystal chandelier above a  modern dining room table?
Source: Houzz.com, photo by Emily McCall

Source: Houzz.com

Source: Houzz.com

I adore these antique arm chairs, they look so classy and Downton Abbey-ish. And we all love Downton, don't we?
Source: Houzz.com, photo: Laura Moss

However, I am not too sure about the huge eyed pillow... I would leave it empty. Then my Beagle could climb on it for naps :)
Source: Decoist

Source: Housetohome

Wow.. that is really an imaginative way to mix antique into a ver modern kitchen. I love the look! I only have one reservation though: it is probably hell to clean all those small wooden details. I wouldn't jump ahead and put it under my cooking area, or anywhere near it. In the dining room, however, that's a great idea!

Type: Interiors Design, Residential
Year: 2014
Architects: Marek Wroblewski
Photos: Olek Pobikrowski

Type: Interiors Design, Residential
Year: 2014
Architects: Marek Wroblewski
Photos: Olek Pobikrowski

Type: Interiors Design, Residential
Year: 2014
Architects: Marek Wroblewski
Photos: Olek Pobikrowski

And to wrap it up, couple of my photos:





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Personalized Jewelry

Handmade in my workshop ByVellamo Jewelry

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *